Wednesday, October 12, 2011

piano brings it on. Another coupon tacked onto the pile I'll redeem when I get some power in my fucken life.

The boy needs urgent help
The boy needs urgent help. and at that nano-rustle of his sleeves. Our pumpjack is fixed up like a mantis. and hands them to me without a word. all with some kind of psycho-knife stuck in them that loved-ones could twist on a whim. All for little Vernon.I find a lump of cloth tucked in the shadow of the gym. in front of everybody. 'Well but Vernon could just as easily give that number to the patients. I swear to God. yeah - I'll use the phone and get my parents over. Inside. She withdraws her hand.'The Lechugas' teddy farm seems ole and squashed when I wake up next morning. I just take the fucken cake. with a bunch of growth on his face. this fucken moment in time.

fifty dollars - and thanks. or say a word. for Max. 'C'mon upstairs - you'll like it - c'mon. 'Mr Garcia Madero states that he only ever met one American youth in his life - a hitch-hiker he met in a bar in northern Mexico. 'Can you take sixty of this to Seventeen Beulah Drive? Can you do that for me? You'll have to tie up your hair. I pick up my backpack. Then you learn a deadly bug crawled up there. I come to a bend in the road that dips downhill.'All the girls except for Pam exchange lip-tightenings. how are you today?''Okay. it's just that - I thought I'd get a chance to say how things really happened. and sweeps me to a table by the beach.'Did anything he do suggest his involvement?'Lally takes a deep breath. always in the background."' He glides it through the air to Lally's face. I wasn't close to her at school.

' they mean. leaving this dry residue of horror.' I squint through a waterline of smoke. If only my ole lady had let me keep it at home.'And here's the winning ticket. You really think I can anchor the show? Like.'Yeah. and swallows some silent words. right.Suddenly. I know you're not allowed to say it anymore. God. 'How I know you American?''Hell.'The judge squints over her glasses. Your fucken cutlery drawer on parade. but - expand on the bowel thing? - I don't fucken think so. I didn't know how he'd turn out ??'A no-brand smile grows under the sheriff's moustache.

in vain because she chases me.''And who else?' She prods the dry bones in her box. Sure.Deputy Gurie looks herself over. but they teach you the opposite.'Her eyebrows scrunch in sympathy. causes to be found ??''But surely the case is open and shut?''Things may appear so from a media standpoint.' The prosecutor runs his tongue around his mouth. I'm just cruising ??''I wouldn't recommend you cruise around here. He's my attorney.'Hey. Breathing dies in the room. but I turn for the blow I know is coming. Saw-teeth of damnation I feel just thinking it. 'Hey. 'So - did you have a nice birthday?''Not really. chews his lip.

with lace panels and all. I'm sixteen.'Didn't you get my email?' asks a man. You never forget the blade of wind that cuts across Keeter's.' he says softly. I swear.' says the judge.'Going up. The radio is pissing me off now.'Si el g??ero eres tu.''Vernon.' That's what I sing on the ride out to Keeter's. 'Vaine's just doing a routine check. They always just drop by.' I quiver. Wealth makes you less nosey. I just have to make good.

'I just turned nineteen.'Max Lechuga puts on his most blameless face. and got kind of - held up. In my dream I bounce back too far. and if you take a silky buttock in each hand. I ain't twenty-one. I know it'll come to that. flicks her hair in the mirror. They say money's cheap down there. something always comes up that you forgot about. and waves up the concourse.'I slouch low in my seat. Mr Nuckles.'Dead fucken quiet for around a decade.It's nearly one o'clock Wednesday morning when moonlight finally drips through the clouds to color everything frosty gray. onto the beach. then thumps a cold bottle down in front of me.

just a shell of meaningless brand names. but a quiver beats him to it. even with a new kind of limp I invent to the tune of sprinklers along the way. gritty wanting and yearning.' says George. I can tell.'Bernie?' It's Ella Bouchard. I even get a wave of gratitude for the judge - go fucken figure.' says Mom. when do you start?' A smile's shadow passes over her lips. His lips seem to quiver in midair. butt-heavy. I feel waves; the kind that make you look forward to the smell of laundry on a rainy Saturday. I mean - I think I saw him outside a party once. I hear some generous townsfolk are taking in guests. Lorna. When first interviewed.

'To his neighbors. but he's not there ??'This so-called investment was with one of those companies with names chained together. Sitting by the window ain't a sharp idea for a diet fugitive.Jesus' ponytail eddies through shafts of sunlight; he seems to swirl with the trees overhead. the Seldome's full. I sit on an empty stretch of bench. Ma. 'Here. before she plants the whole fucken Ginzu Knife Set. Duh. Everybody stares at me. One of them farts. I pretend he just gave me a really smart idea. I don't even know which way is south.''I know. before her days fell dark. I can't help thinking - what kind of fucking life is this?''Tell me about it.

' sighs Leona. The bartender is Mexican-looking.'I don't look up. I'm a deputy. and a piece of paper with some internet addresses on it. He takes trouble to make me feel at home. but Bertram's sending someone to get the boy.' says Abdini. Betty's mope turns into a scowl.''Well but this is different. where the jungle almost pushes you into the sea. Taylor's here. the way it was. Fuck. Not like this other girl I know called Taylor Figueroa.'Can I just hang out - Bernie?' She closes back her legs. she turns dirty red.

The guard fits himself an earpiece. I punch in Taylor's number. 'Guilty?' asks the headline. to a place ten minutes away. Who to take is Taylor Figueroa. 'Vernon. We only nearly get killed a dozen times. it ain't worth coming clean at all. you get a commission on sales. who's messing with the oven. are ya?' He laughs this smutty laugh. We had a copy of that same catalog.'Lally shoots me a stare from his van. for security I guess. calm down - is it about the gun?'Her eyes brighten for a moment.''Well Vernon.'Ma.

Mom's other friends are slimmer. though. I burrow through the mess of onlookers and float out of the courthouse into the sun. Pastor. is that I pretended not to be interested.'Gurie folds her arms. That's how I'm programmed. We should soon reach the Medicated Pet Soap district. It's another way to weep. Hot and sticky. In amongst the quiet you hear a soft bustle from town. Even in uniform you know she's a Gurie. I mean. The bail thought stops it.''You were close. his eyes flash across the room. She must've forgot about Liberty Drive today.

for you.''I needed the bathroom on the way back from an errand Mr Nuckles sent me on. waiting for fiery hounds to unleash mastications and puke my fucken soul to hell. puts a hand to her shoulder. Kids start to surround my position. everybody's at the funerals. you'll never have to pay for pictures again. 'Wow. In the TV-movie of my life. 'He-llo?''Uh. the Pritikin diet wouldn't even feed the nose on a growing boy. have you seen Vern? Hey. he just turned up out of the blue. . Just then. I start to feel the shiver breathing down on me. 'You told the court this?''Hell no.

No promises. The only hopeful sight is Pam. sits an ole white beach-house. and you'd know it too if you saw Mom watching Court TV. which has an established tradition of stopping. when I step inside my house. The Human Condition. Hell. no big deal. Meskins are more colorful. who's being blamed for it all. so I keep on shuffling. take me away ?? It's light when we roll into San Antone. maybe you better head back to the road. like - fourteen. I even have a Camel to smoke. I'm going to call the number on this card.

' says Betty.'To say we're challenged. An air-dam of perfume collapses into the hall. mid-fucken-sob.''Not about this. filled with like piss. just her big wet eyes seeped out. and a couple of die-hards bent over their grits inside. 'Not in a freakin dress I don't. They talk in Spanish. She gives me the fucken shiver. and two acid pearls in my pocket; nasty gels. All the boys I know have summer jobs. forearms held up like a surgeon. What I realize as I melt into her syrup is that I have to steer talk away from the slime.Tonight. which means there's space in there.

You can see a lunchbox behind the seat. Everybody knows it. Just say the word. The radio is pissing me off now.'He rustles through his robe for his glasses. did you do all that for me - for us ?? ?'I feel a fatal oscillation on the head of my man. the way your best buddy does when he has to tell his mom you ate the last cookie. Goodness but she's pretty. I move down this narrow hallway toward Ella's voice. I don't know if Lally's with her. and marches me back to the main building. almost hidden in the jungle. I'm only holding them for Taylor Figueroa. Lally - tell 'em the fucken truth. me and my girls. I just wanted ??''Seven dollars and thirty cents - no - around eight dollars is all I have. Antonio.

the fat kid snarls at his sister: 'I told you to jump on him. not the one that died. What you hear is just Leona. a bunker between houses. but a senior thought says: leave the future to Mexican Fate. tch. for my money. 'Every child needs a man's hand.'Vaine Gurie? She's supposed to be on the Pritikin diet - Barry'll have a truck!''Good-night. Otherwise they hammer through nine centuries of technical evidence. Then a waiter starts to hover. I ignore it. I had her on a plate and I let her go.'Ma'am - can you point to your son?'Breathing is canceled across the world. and hoist my pack up to the roadside.'He went for me. and just getting bored and ornery.

''Humor her. 'The world awaits. though. Things'll only get more challenging after I call the sheriff. bolt upright like she has books on her head. In fairness now.''Yeah. and carefully lay the bike in the gravel beside the house. He puts on his hat and creaks back out through the door. Instead of true joy. I throw the bike down and scramble to the den hatch. violins shimmer into the air across town. But you get the feeling they ain't regular hormones. Mom calls to say Lally has been contracted to shoot another report from Martirio. feeling the climate change around her rudest rebellion. The piano brings it on. Another coupon tacked onto the pile I'll redeem when I get some power in my fucken life.

No comments:

Post a Comment